Do you like these stories?
So leave a comment, for cryin' out loud.
Oh, yeah; and buy my book: http://www.bellowphone.com/writings.html


Shy Girl

     After my family show one evening, there was a little girl, perhaps 6 or 7, who wanted to ask me something. She was having a terrible attack of shyness, and she couldn't get her word out; she was clinging to her mother with her face turned away and scrunched into the folds of her mother's dress.
     "What did you want to say to Mr. Solomon?" her mother asked encouragingly, at which the girl gave me a fearful glance and scrunched even tighter into the dress. The mother looked at me apologetically.
     I addressed the girl, and said, "Did you want to ask me a question? What can I do for you?"  She only clung tighter to her mother, and wouldn't look at me. Then I said, "If you want to ask me will I marry you, I'm very sorry to say that I can't, because I'm already married."
    The little girl immediately unwound from her mother, and rounded on me fiercely. "I WASN'T going to ask you to marry me!" Then she handed me a piece of paper. "Will you sign this please?"
    I would be very happy to, I told her.

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback--